Q. What clothing and footwear do I need?
- A. Weather conditions can change in a moment in Tenerife, but generally speaking shorts and a T shirt unless it’s winter when warm layers and a waterproof may be required. Good walking boots are preferable, but good trainers are quite adequate unless it is a hard hike for example the Teide Trek or Mount Guajara.
Q. How hard are the walks?
- A. I have walks suitable for all fitness levels and aspirations. The walks range from easy to hard and very between 3 – 6 hours in duration. Distances generally speaking are between 8 – 16 km. For detailed information, please see my Table of Walks on the Individual Walks page.
Q. What provisions should I bring?
- A. A sandwich or snack for lunchtime and 1L of water is essential. However, for the Teide 2 Day Trek, you need to bring provisions for the overnight stay. There is only a microwave in the refuge so packet pastas and tins of food are ideal, but remember, whatever you bring – you have to carry.
Q. Are the walks suitable for children?
- A. Yes providing they are over 7 years of age, but again, good footwear is essential. I have 3 walks that I specifically put together for families with children, my “Family Friendly Walks”. Please see the information on the WALKS page. Please note that the minimum age for children on the Teide 2 Day Trek is 8.
Q. Do you collect us from our hotel?
- A. Yes, I work out of Los Cristianos so I can easily collect from anywhere in the south. If you are staying some distance away for example in Puerto de La Cruz or Los Gigantes, please email me with the details and I will advise accordingly.
Q. Do you have any easy walks for clients with medical problems, for example with back problems?
- A. Yes. I appreciate that clients with some degree of difficulty still like to walk, so yes. I can easily adapt some of the walks for example Chinyero 1909, but I can also put together a bespoke walk upon request if you let me have your precise requirements.
Q. Do I need travel insurance?
- A. Yes, normal travel insurance is quite sufficient that includes emergency call out.
Q. Do I need to pay a deposit?
- A. Generally speaking, cash on the day is fine, however, if you are booking a weeks’ walking with me that is some time away, yes, I take a 30% deposit which is fully refundable up to 30 days prior to the booking. The Teide Trek must be paid for in full and is not refundable as permits and the refuge have to be booked and paid for in advance.
Q. What methods of payment to you take?
- A. Bank Transfer or Paypal (if preferred)
Q. Are you ready to make a booking?
- A. Vist the Book Online Page here.